Thursday, December 23, 2010

Clapton, Clapton, Clapton!!!!!




"Clapton is God." And we just got tickets today to go see a musical god on February 26th!! Eric Clapton is playing the arena 5 blocks from our house. After finding out that tickets were $68, and not the $155 a ticket we had read earlier. We jumped at the opportunity. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!
Right now is the music lull. Ugh. And it has been killing us a bit; live music is what resets Mike and my stress levels to peaceful serenity. Every year November, December, and the first weeks of January are always stressful months for me, partially because of the holidays, but mainly because it is the winter lull between jam band tours and there isn't really anything going on. End of January all life resets to bliss, and the Clapton tickets offer a much needed hope for the coming of music season.
Live music a lot of times dictates my life, how I will spend money, where we will be, etc. It is a serene place, the stage front. It is what I would call my "Neverland". I feel like my sense of reality leaves me, and my brain wanders about, and I'm just happy. I lose myself in the sound, and all life drips away and I'm just bliss when I'm at a show. Mike also shares this love with me, one of the reasons we are together. We will eat the same thing for dinner every night if it means we can get to a show. Oh live music, how we love you. So, I will keep pushing away and getting everything off my list done because come January 21st, moe. signifies the end of the music dry spell and life will be crazy and musical till this time again next year.
What's you bliss, your serene place, what calms your soul and brings you back to peace?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So good to see the tickets were much cheaper than you anticipated! How exciting to see an icon like him in concert.

    Looking forward to seeing you today!!!
    love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete