Saturday, January 29, 2011

Proposal Part 2


Mike had proposed to me last fall, however I'd been ring-less. My dream was to have a family heirloom and a ring that expressed and matched who I am. During our Christmas vacation in Wisconsin Mike got me a custom ring, with my grandmother's diamond. (On my 16th birthday, my Grandma Fisch had given me her diamond from her engagment ring. She was happily married to Richard Fisch for 50 years.) Back in Seattle, Mike proposed again in the original spot with the ring, made me an amazing dinner, and then had memorable moments and tears at Kerry Park. It was amazing, heartfelt, and everything I could've ever wanted. And I got proposed to twice! Lucky me. I am so grateful to have a partner who embraces our uniqueness. We will probably continue to do things the untraditional way, but in our own way we find ourselves blending who we are with the traditions we value. I couldn't think of a better way to start our union then with the energy of so many years of happy marriage in combination with our own "custom" lifestyle. Everytime I look at my ring I am flooded with such happiness. I look forward to what our future holds together, knowing we will "continue to move forward and make our life better every day".
(Lines from Mike's proposal)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement! If you ever want to come down to Portland, let us know. You are always welcome to stay here with us!

    - Jen (Peter & Elsa, too)

    ReplyDelete